Interactive, scaffolded model
This Activity Requires:
Important! If you cannot launch anything from this database, please follow the step-by-step instructions on the software page.
Please Note: Many models are linked to directly from within the database. When an activity employs our scripting language, Pedagogica, as do some of the "guided" activities, the initial download may take several minutes. Subsequent activities will not take a long time. See this page for further instructions.
Students review basic chemical equations, what they represent, and how temperature and concentration affect reaction rates.
Students will be able to:
• Recognize that chemical reactions happen when bonds form and bonds break.
• Analyze how concentration and temperature affect reaction rate.
• Write a chemical reaction, balance the equation, and explain what is happening in words.
• Define the limiting reactant in a chemical equation.
• Classify chemical reactions as: synthesis, decomposition, or single displacement.
Additional Related Concepts
Fermi Lab's ARISE Project suggests the following enhancement to this SAM unit: http://www.concord.org/~barbara/SAM/ARISE/ARISE_SAM_chem_reactions.pdf
Created by CC Project: SAM using Molecular Workbench